A New Fitness Group

I’ve decided to set up a class for people who are new to running. It has always been obvious to me that there are those out there who do not see themselves as “good enough” to join an athletics club. This means that as a coach I very rarely have the chance to help absolute beginners.


So my idea was to have this new class as a stand alone group. Somewhere that people could come and not feel foolish. Somewhere that people could get their running underway. They will then be able to choose whether to stay in the new group or “graduate” to the athletic club.


The new group, which is called Plodders, actually started on 9th June when three people arrived and took me by surprise. Why was it a surprise? Well I hadn’t started to advertise. It was just word of mouth that brought them.


I hope that this will become a regular, well attended session. This is mainly because I believe that there is a gap to be filled here and also I feel that I am able to help the beginner.


Hopefully I shall be able to find the time to keep a record here of what happens week by week.

No comments: