Another New Runner

I walked on down with the three I met at the entrance on the park road. This week we had to use the far side of the field because other groups of people had staked out territories!

I had just sent the group on a warm up run when I saw a woman approaching. She turned out to be someone I had been told might be attending. So after four weeks with three people we now had a class of four which meant that we had a total of seven who had attended at various times.


Each week I told everyone to try to bring one person the following week in order to expand. I find that larger groups work better than small groups.


The exercise was to run fairly hard (within the individual’s capabilities) for about 80 metres and walk back recovery. The newcomer, CD, although claiming not to have done any running, is obviously quite fit.


A great, chatty little group. MO is proving to be quite a fun person and CD will be easy to get along with.


I find that it is quite difficult to know whether the people in the group feel that they are getting what they need. I guess time will tell. If they keep coming then the answer must be yes.

No comments: